07 February 2010

Ezra's Pound


Pamela and I went recently and it was better than ever. I hadn't gone for so long but I want to go all the time (I also want to support my local Dupont businesses/community more). It's so insanely beautiful inside; it's like a bastion of good taste in the (relative) middle of nowhere. Plus, “99.5%” of the ingredients here are organic, according to a sign, and the baguettes (among other things) were made in-house. Most everything was carefully considered and tastefully executed. It is the sort of place where you can tell that the owners are meticulous and passionate about food/decor/etc., not just using the restaurant as a means to an (economic) end.
Pamela got a baguette sandwich with cheddar, apple jelly, and onion/shallot marmalade ($8.64). I got “Le Continental,” which was also only around $8, and included a baguette, jam, a hard-boiled egg, and a choice of three cheeses: either brie, cheddar, or chèvre. The requisite salt and pepper for the egg was placed handsomely on the plate, the application of which could then be executed by one's fingers.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! The bread was so tasty. More brunches, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shots in this post!

    ezras pound is a wine bar in the evenings now. it looks so nice when i pass it after work... lit only by candles.

    and last week when i passed it on a warmer morning people were eating on the little table out front!

    man, i want to get a cappucino there soon. wanna do breakfast there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i take issue with your '(relative) middle of nowhere' mister...

    Nancy's Cheese, Live, Magic Oven, Remeke's, Rose Em, Careful Cleaners, Nick's Shoe Repair (he repaired my boots the other day, quality work), that pet food store, Ron's garden centre, Basia's two shops, Martino's, The Pour House, People's, Duponti, Frangipan(!!!) these are all awesome businesses in the area you're talking about... within one block of each other. That strip is happening.

    PLUS, did you know that the dupont business association has just had a few meetings where they wanted to name that district? Apparently it's a choice between Casa Loma Village, Dupont Village, or Dupont Station.. i think Dupont Village won. PLUS theres going to be banners and hanging flower baskets going up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Yes, I would love to go to Ezra's Pound for breakfast (although that means 11 at the earliest). Let's do it! Let me know any time you want to.

    I only meant -relative- middle of nowhere in that it's quite a low-density, mostly residential area, although, yes, the Dupont businesses are getting better and more numerous every day, give or take. Rest assured that I have much love my Dupont community, and I didn't mean to undermine it in that comment. In fact, I'll alter it.

    That's great about the Dupont Village name, although I'm not sure how I feel about the branding in the signs and stuff, like the BIA-aspect. I'm glad the name Dupont Village won; it's definitely the best one. Where did you hear about this? I want to read about it. I want to become a Dupont loyalist.

    ReplyDelete