07 March 2011

100% Haligonian Garlic Fingers


In our recent trip to Halifax, Pamela and I returned to the local Greco Pizza chain in which I first lost my garlic fingers innocence. As crude as it may be, this particular item remains my favourite gastronomic experience of Halifax. I day dream about it often and longingly look through these pictures over and over. All our attempts at recreating this at home, though wonderful, have not equalled the pleasures granted by these unassuming rectangles.

2 comments:

  1. We should befriend someone who works there to find out the Greco secrets. How do they make the dough taste so deep-friend, for instance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I feel like the formula for all of Alexander's favourite foods is: tons of butter/oil + bread/starch product + cheese.

    ReplyDelete